Residential Window Tinting
With the bright, sunny days of Minnesota, sun damage can easily occur in your home. By adding tinting film to your home’s windows, you can experience more regulated indoor temperatures, less interior fading, and increased privacy from neighbors. Sun Control of Minnesota’s residential window films are designed to decrease the glare, reject the solar heat gain, reduce fading, and add a valuable layer of protection to your home, all while maintaining the natural appearance of your windows.
Benefits of residential window tinting:
- Maintaining natural views. Our window films help prevent premature fading, glare and excessive solar heat gain that can be a nuisance to our livable areas. We will provide you with the comfort and protection needed. With our advanced films, you will be able to view the tranquility of your surroundings through our natural appearing residential window film.
- Comfort. Solar heat comes from two primary sources, the visible light you can see and the infrared light you can feel. Our films can reject up to 60 percent of the heat coming in, and up to 97 percent of the infrared light, keeping you at ease in the comforts of your home, while improving temperature consistency.
- Reduces interior fading. Continuous sun glare and UV rays also contribute to the fading of furniture, carpet, paint, and curtains in the home. Whether you choose low or highly-tinted windows, your home’s belongings can stay their natural shade for years to come.
- Better privacy. Many homeowners love their tinted windows because they add an extra level of privacy for residents. From close neighbors to passersby, keep your loved ones safe behind the privacy of tinted windows.
- Strength and security. The added layer of tinting film helps to shatterproof your glass. This is especially beneficial because it can protect occupants from flying glass in the event of an accident or natural disaster.
Interested in seeing how each of our home window tints affect the look of your room? Try our residential window tint simulator!
What causes UV Fading?
- Visible light
- Solar energy (heat)
- UV rays
Exposure to direct sunlight can cause many colored or painted materials to fade. Damage due to fading is caused by UV light, visible light, heat (including infrared light), artificial lighting indoors, humidity and poor dye anchorage. The first three cause about 90 percent of general fading. UV, visible light and heat all pass through ordinary glass and can cause extensive damage to goods and furnishings in offices, retail shops and museums. Sun Control of Minnesota can help with its advanced window film.
All of our films will help decrease the amount of fading in your home and protect you from the damaging effects of the sun. Our Sun Control of Minnesota films will also help relieve the glare you may be encountering and improve your indoor vision while giving you a better sight at night.
Safety and Security Film
Not only does Sun Control of Minnesota provide window tinting services for our residential homeowners, we also provide and install safety and security film to keep your home and loved ones safe. Be proactive in providing that extra level of protection with a high-quality 3M security film for your windows.
Each film consists of multiple micro-layers to provide enormous strength and tear resistance. The film is designed to deter smash-and-grab burglaries, reduce fading, and improve the protection of your home.
Contact Us Today
Now is the time to improve the safety and security of your home with our premium window tints and films. With our residential window tint services, we will provide you with sample options, explain the differences between each window film option, and give a price estimate to help you find the best option that’s right for you. Schedule your free in-home estimate for your residential window tinting today.